Online Again

The internet connection on my computer is working again. As I wrote last time, Verizon did send me a new router that arrived yesterday via UPS – but it arrived at my home address, when I was I was not at home, instead of being sent to my work address, where I had specifically asked them to send it. Still, even though they did the wrong thing, it ultimately turned out to be the right thing for me.

As it happens, I got my internet connection working again without the help of a new router. The problem turned out to be my firewall program. For some reason, when I turned the computer on, the firewall somehow set itself to blocking all internet traffic. How I do not know. I just know that I didn’t do it. When I changed the setting, things returned to normal. Ordinarily I turn off web traffic when I won’t be using the internet for a while, but I do so with a different setting than the one that was causing the problem, so I never thought to look there initially.

At any rate, had Verizon sent the router to me at work, I would have had to carry it home on the subway, open up the box, remove the return shipping label (for the old router), tape it to the box and then take it to a UPS Store to send it back. By sending it to me at home where it could not be delivered, I just called up UPS and asked them to send it back to Verizon – much easier than having to send it back myself.

Otherwise, I’ve been busy developing film. I think I developed about 20 rolls in the past week and a half. I’ve even finished developing all of the film from my trip to Ohio – in February! It will be a while until I get to the film from my trip to Ohio in August, as I first have to finish developing the film of a couple of models I worked with in the spring, plus most of the film from my trip to Japan in May.

The picture at the top is from that February trip. The great majority of the film I shot then was done in my friend Dave Levingston’s studio, but one day we went out with a couple of models so I could do photos in the snow for an hour. The weather the rest of the time that I was there was good for photos – an overcast yielding nice, even light, but the day that we went out in the snow, the lighting turned out to be horrible – that is to say, bright and sunny.

It was tough going photographing in a forest with that kind of light, but here’s one example of what I saw when I pushed the shutter button. The scene may look tranquil, but I’m sure that the models weren’t feeling very tranquil at that moment, so I give my thanks again to Goddess Angie and Jypsie Nahmana for agreeing to freeze their asses off just so I could get some photos of nude models in the snow – something I had never done before and (for all I know) I may never do again.

About Dave Rudin

Dave Rudin is a fine art photographer based in Brooklyn, New York. He specializes in art nude and travel photography, using black & white film and making silver gelatin prints in a darkroom.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s