Still, I may need to take a break from developing after that to file the film away, which can be time consuming.
As good as developing film is, the major event happened on Sunday, when I shot my first photos in about three months. It was another session in my home studio set-up, this time with the very lovely Julie Max – a girl originally from Siberia but now living in New York. Julie possesses a fashion model’s face and figure (not surprising, as she is a fashion model!), has skin that is just about perfect and she is very experienced, having worked with quite a few well known professional photographers. So, as expected, working with her was quite a pleasure.
Regarding the photo shoot – well, as I’ve mentioned before, I’m still really trying to find my way with studio work and with lighting. This time I tried something different – using an umbrella to light Julie with nice, soft light but using a straight light to illuminate the backdrop. It illuminated the backdrop, all right, but perhaps too much so. I haven’t developed any of the film yet so I can’t really say, but looking at some of the digital snapshots I made (some of which I’m posting here), it looks like the background is somewhat too bright. If I try this lighting set-up again, I may have to use the dark gray side rather the light gray that I used this time.
I tried a few other things, though, and ultimately, I think I’ve got a handful of good images worth printing, which is about as much as anyone can expect from a photo session, I guess. Hopefully it won’t be my last one with Julie.
In other news, I should have my four sets of stitches taken out on Thursday. Hopefully it won’t hurt too much.
I’m also having difficulty accessing those blogs with the voluntary adult content warning at the beginning. (Yes, this includes you, Mr. Neasley!) Removing the adult content warning and letting the objectionable content warning take its place seems to work in letting me (and I presume, others) read it, so perhaps you’d consider doing so. Thanks!